The kickoff meeting of the reach youth project just happened in Velez-Malaga (Spain) on the 10th and 11th December 2019. During the meeting, all operational decisions were taken to transform the idea of reach youth into reality.
What is it about?
Reach youth is a project co-funded by the Erasmus + program of the European Union and aims at providing youth workers with updated tools and methodologies to discuss politics and active participation of young people in public life. By doing so, youth workers will be empowered to counter anti-democratic tendencies among disadvantaged youth in turn strengthening democracy, tolerance and human rights-based narratives.
To achieve this, the partnership will develop several training tools and a collection of methodologies and exercises to stimulate the acquisition of democratic values such as dialogue, tolerance, the ability to recognize misleading information and propaganda aimed at exploiting young people’s vulnerability by playing with their anger, discomfort and resentment.
- Democracy intervention system for youth workers and other professionals. These methodologies and exercises can be applied with groups of young people in order to stimulate their democratic thinking.
- Additional module on communication and conflict management that will help youth workers acquire those skills necessary to discuss very complex and delicate topics by stimulating everyone’s participation and expression even when the opinions expressed are very controversial.
- E-learning platform to make content developed by us accessible remotely and allow greater ease of use.
- Transfer Manual/Implementation Guide to provide guidance to those organizations that wish to train their workers on these topics and use the project products internally.
Who are we addressing then?
Youth workers, sociologists, psychologists, youth workers and educators who deal with disadvantaged users and want to learn new skills and tools to become role models and bring forward democracy by strengthening democratic values among young people.
Upcoming events and activities
- Training course for Youth Workers for youth workers, psychologists, students of humanities and other social sciences, social workers and the like
- Mobility training for youth workers on tools and methods for dealing with issues of democracy, tolerance, understanding of the political system and the importance of active participation in the formation of a better future with young people.
- Piloting of the methodologies during the 5 pilot training courses on the e-learning platform for youth workers, psychologists, students of humanities and other social sciences, social workers and the like.
Are you interested in our initiative and want to participate in training activities? Do not hesitate to contact email@example.com and follow the hashtags #ReachYouthEU #youth4democracy #youthwork on social media.
About the project
REACH YOUTH is cofunded by Erasmus+, Key Action 2 – Strategic partnerships, European cooperation in vocational education and training (VET).
The partnership hold together 5 organisations:
- Sozialwerk Dürener Christen e.V. (Germany, Coordinator)
- Asociación Caminos (Spain)
- Bimec (Bulgaria)
- Center for Social Innovation (Cyprus)
- CESIE (Itay)
For futher information
Please contact Ettore Costa, firstname.lastname@example.org