A round table discussion is a discussion held at a meeting of parties or people on equal terms (Collins English Dictionary)
- Specify the topic of the roundtable discussion.
- Establish the purpose of the conversation, to help attendees work toward a common goal.
- Specific questions or major points: This will help to avoid misunderstandings or vague answers.
- Timeline: State the start time, finish time, and any breaks. This will assist in time management and will prevent disturbing the flow of conversation.
- Ground rules: Establish a code of conduct to limit undesirable behaviours (i.e domination of the conversation by one person, rudeness, etc.)